Roasting the almonds first gives the nut butter a deeper colour and flavour – both are delicious, but my preference is with roasted.
Roasting the almonds is easy too. (I didn’t soak or activate mine first – knock yourself out if you want to do this.)
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- half an apple
- almond butter
Next on my list is using my current favourite nut – macadamia!
- 4 cups (about 580 grams) almonds
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Line trays with baking paper and spread almonds out in single layers.
- Place in oven and roast for 10 - 12 minutes.
- Almonds should darken slightly.
- Place almonds into food processor and pulse.
- Stop every minute or so and scrape down the sides of the bowl, then pulse again.
- Repeat this process until the almond butter is the consistency you desire.
- It should start to become shiny and you should see that the nuts have released their oils when it is ready.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Our Family Menu Plan For This Week
Week Commencing 10th August
|Sun||Sausage and salad
Oven baked chicken nuggets
Weet Bix Slice
|Mon||Slow Cooker Satay|
|Tue||Slow cooker roast beef|
|Wed||Spaghettie / Zucchini Bolgnese|
|Fri||Pan Fried Fish and Salad|
|Shopping List||Weekly menu plan shopping list 10th Aug
Have you made your own nut butter?