I love pinterest as a source of inspiration. I have seen Kale Chips so many times over the last couple of months, I just had to give them a go.
We had mixed success with the Kale Chips. Only 2 out of the 5 kids liked them. Master 13 had a few friends over when I made them and 2 out of the 3 boys liked them. I liked them, they have a crunchy and have a light flavour, but they are certainly not a potato chip!
My old oven doesn’t cook evenly so some Kale Chips which were a bit over cooked, as the flavour is light these did taste too burnt for me. They do go from being nearly ready to burnt quite quickly, so watch that if you give them a go.
- Olive Oil Spray
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
- Olive Oil Spray
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
- I used a large bowl of water, swished and cleaned the kale thoroughly.
- Set the kale on a clean tea towel to dry off.
- Cut the kale so the stalk is removed.
- I don't own a salad spinner, so I removed the excess water by bundling up batches of the kale and swinging it in the tea towel. It is easier to do this once the stalks have been removed.
- Roughly chop the kale.
- Place on a lined baking tray, spray with oil and sprinkle with salt. You could add some herbs for additional flavour if you liked here.
- Bake for about 12 - 15 minutes, turn and bake for another 10 minutes. Do keep a close eye on them as they can burn easily.
- Store in an air tight container.
Our Family Menu Plan For This Week.
Morning Cook (for us double batch)
Meat and Veg
|Sweet Chilli Chicken Wraps|
Baking: 100 biscuit recipe
|Slow Cooker Roast Lamb||Fried Rice||Left |
|Slow Cooker Satay||Sausages and Steamed Vegetables||Sushi|
The kid friendly menu planning app allows you to:
- Create weekly menu plans quickly, choosing as many meals per day as you would like to plan for.
- Generate the shopping list for all the meals selected.
- Modify the shopping list to check off items you already have at home.
- Email the shopping list to yourself and/or others.
The most popular recipes from the blog have been included and more will be added on a weekly basis. The app will notify you when new recipes have been added, so you will be able to deliver plenty of variety in your family’s menu plans. Each recipe lists the ingredients required, easy to follow instructions and a photo from the blog.
Have you made kale chips before?