The competition has now ended. Congratulations to Jacci! You will be hearing from Seeds of the future very soon.
If you have any kids in child care, kinder or school, you will be very familiar with the fundraising obligations that comes along with attendance! There are a lot of school fundraising intitiaves out there, but I hadn’t seen anything like Seeds For The Future until it’s founder Erica contacted me at the start of this year.
Seeds For The Future is a fundraiser with a very big difference to what I have usually participated in – not only is it a healthy fundraiser but it is also an ethical and environmentally friendly one as well.
How Does The Fundraising Work?
Basically you hold a seed drive at your child’s kinder or school by buying boxes of seeds:
- Seed packets are purchased for $1.00
- Seed packets are sold for the RRP of $2.00
- You make 50% profit on sales
- Each Seeds for the Future Sales Box contains 25 seed packs from the Seasonal Selection.
You can see the website for more details on ordering and minimum quantities etc.
About Seeds Of The Future
Seeds Of The Future really does tick all the boxes when it comes to being a ethical and sustainable business:
- All seeds are organic from Australian suppliers
- All product and promotional printing is done on recycled paper using either soy or vegetable based inks
- All packaging is recyclable
- All design, printing and packaging done in Australia
- They work with Disability Enterprises Australia. Australian Disability Enterprises are commercial businesses that provide real work opportunities for more than 20,000 people with disability across Australia.
Your Chance To Win
Seeds Of The Future are giving away one Seeds for the Future Sales Box. The boxes usually cost the schools $25 and it would be a great way to trial the fundraiser for your school. The kids and I had a fantastic time planting the sunflowers and cannot wait for them to start growing
Now for the nitty gritty:
- The giveaway is open to Australian residents only.
- Leave a comment to enter. You may only enter once.
- Entries close at 5pm AEDT 9th March 2011.
- The winner will be drawn randomly and announced on this blog post later on the 9th March.
- Winners will be notified by email. If I don’t receive a response within 3 days, another winner will be drawn.
- Good luck!!