Hello! I am back from my online leave. We have been having a wonderful time. Doing lots of hanging out, playing games and some fun activities away from home here and there. The pace has been wonderfully slow and after such a busy end to 2010 I am loving it.
Over the last couple of weeks I have had plenty of time to play with and observe the kids in action. So much of what they have been doing has reminded me of my childhood like:
- Putting roly polys (we called them butcher boys) and grass in a container and keep them for a pet.
- Fill an empty tic tac container with water and use it as a drink bottle.
- Pretend to be asleep so they can be carried out of the car late at night and laid straight down to bed.
- Pace eat. Make sure they are eating the same amount of lollies as their sibling, so they aren’t left with no lollies while others still have some left.
- Mark out divisions in the room, where their sibling can not enter.
- Save the best food on the plate (eg roast potatoes) for last.
- Try jumping of things – shed roof, trees anything really that is high!
- Make dams in the gutters after big rains.
- Instantly play a game with new kids and become great friends.
- Find the loop hole in the rules mum and dad set to worm out of breaking them!
What do your kids do, that remind you of when you were a kid?