Entries have now closed and winner will be announced shortly at Nuffnang
The Planning With Kids family was given a Honda Odyssey to test drive for a few days. They asked us to give it a good work out doing all the usual activities that occur in a family with five kids. Here is just some of the things we did:
To Market – Mr I makes the short trip to Richmond early every Saturday morning to Gleadell St Market (highly recommend it for good quality, well priced fruit and veg.)
Running around to two games of football on Sunday.
As regular readers will know, I am in the process of ridding my house of unnecessary stuff, so there was also a trip to the local Vinnies bin.
While our people mover is great, the thing I noticed and really loved about the Odyssey is that it feels just like driving a family car – not a minibus! It is a spacious and well fitted out car, which fits seven people easily. The two back seats are not just an after thought and a tight squeeze as you find in some seven seaters. My growing boys with their gangly legs, had plenty of space sitting up the back, as Mr I did when he took his turn sitting up the back.
The Odyssey is lower to the ground than traditional seven seaters, which for me is not just an aesthetic thing, it is also an important safety issue. A lower based car is much less likely to roll over in an accident. And on the topic of safety, the Honda Odyssey has that well covered with both front, side and full length curtain airbags and Vehicle Stability Assist (helps to minimize a loss of control when braking).
The Honda Odyssey is a perfect car for families with school aged kids. It gives you the space of a people mover but is far more stylish, has greater safety and powerful to drive. We still have three little ones in car seats, but once they are no longer required, the Odyssey is certainly the car I can see my family in.
Win a Honda Odyssey For a Day plus $500 To Spoil Your Family!
Honda is giving readers a chance to win a Honda Odyssey for 24 hours and rather than just run your usual daily errands, they will also give you $500 to spoil the family! To enter:
- Leave a comment answering the question “What’s your perfect family day?”
- This competition will be running concurrently across 8 blogs. The most creative and practical response across all 8 blogs will win the car for 24 hrs and $500 to spoil the family.
- The winner will be announced shortly after the competition closing date, 30 May 2010.
- Winner to be determined by Nuffnang and Honda so check out the Nuffnang blog after the closing date for the announcement.
- Entry is limited to Australian residents (Tas and NT excluded sorry!) only and you can only enter once.
- For a full list of terms and conditions see the Nuffnang post on the Honda competition, which also lists the other blogs participating.