Thanks to all those who entered the Mums Card Give Away, the competition has now closed.
It is only a matter of weeks before the new school year starts. For our family the start of the 2010 school year brings the following:
- Babaganouski starts 3 year old kinder.
- Baby will start one morning (9am -12pm) occasional care.
- New teacher and class for Thinker in Year 6.
- New teacher and class for Little Rascal in Year 3.
- New teacher and class for Possum in Year 1.
That adds up to meeting a lot of new faces, not only for the kids but for me also. This year when I meet their teachers, attend the the welcome morning teas and plays in the park, I will be a little more prepared than usual.
When the lovely Tanya from Mums Card asked me would I like to try out her fabulous range of personal contact cards, I though instantly how much easier it would be to have a card to hand over with my details at these events. It will make it easier to arrange play dates and as it has my blog’s website address, it will also be a subtle little way to give it a plug! 🙂
Ordering the cards was incredibly easy. I chose a design, entered the info that I wanted on the card and placed my order! The website has a great section with examples of what text you might like to have on your card and tips about what info will be most relevant for each particular type of card:
- Single Sided Mums Card – Contact details and children’s name and ages.
- Family Card – Contact details on one side, then family members names and mobile numbers on the other.
- Aged Card – Contact details on one side. Known illness (eg age-associated memory and hearing impairment), who to contact in an emergency and doctor’s name on the other.
- Allergy Card – Contact details on one side, allergy details, immediate treatment and emergency contact person on the other side.
My cards look very professional! They are printed on 300gsm satin gloss card, are the size of a normal business card (90mm x 55mm) and came in the gorgeous shiny tin, as seen in the photo above.
Mums Card is offering readers of Planning With Kids (Australian residents only sorry), the opportunity to win a set of 50 Mums Cards. To enter all you need to do is:
- Visit Mums Card and check out the gorgeous designs that you can choose from.
- Come back to the blog and leave a note in the comment section saying which design you would like, for example 2.1 Circling Pink, 9.2 Sticky People or Colour My Day Cards Vertigo (that’s what I chose!) etc, etc.
Only one entry per person please and the give away will close midday Friday 29th January 2010. The winner will be chosen randomly and announced on the blog Friday 29th January 2010. Good luck!