Thank you for your interest. The competition has now closed and winners will be announced Saturday 12th Dec 2009.
We have a massive tub of Lego at our house, so when I was asked if I would like to review the new Lego Helicopter Transporter which is part of the Lego City range, I knew my kids would be ecstatic.
As a parent I think I love Lego as much as the kids do, but probably for much different reasons than they do:
- They learn to follow step by step instructions. Children can be very impetuous and want to dive head on into things. With Lego though, they know that to build their vehicle they need to concentrate and follow the instructions as laid out.
- There are many small pieces of Lego in the kits and for my boys who are too old to do threading etc, it is a great way for them to practice fine motor control.
- It is an activity that they can work on together or solo, depending on their mood.
- It is a “quiet” activity. As mentioned in my post earlier this week, it is a great way for tired children to amuse themselves.
- Once they have built the Lego item by following the instructions, they can they use their imagination and creativity to build all sorts of wonderful things.
Thank you for your interest. The competition has now closed. Winner will be announced Saturday 12th Dec.
The kids worked together on the Helicopter Transporter Set and had construction sessions over a couple of nights after dinner. They were so excited to have it finished and when one of my 8 year old’s friends visited, he exclaimed “ahh that’s sick!” as soon as he saw it!
Well he, along with all other Australian readers will have a chance to win their very own Lego City Helicopter Transporter (RRP: $59.99). It would make a perfect Christmas present for any child aged 5 – 12.
To enter all you need to do is leave a comment telling me why you love Lego and you will be in the running. The competition is open to Australian residents only, with a limit of one entry per person. It will close Friday 11th December 2009 at 12pm AEDT. The winner will be announced on the blog on Saturday 12th December. Good Luck!