EDIT: This is the recipe I use to make the taco seasoning in bulk and store in a glass jar:
- 3 tbsp Himalayan pink salt
- 3 tsp cracked black pepper
- 3 tbsp chilli (less or more depending on tolerance)
- 6 tbsp cumin
- 6 tbsp garlic powder
- 3 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 onion
- 2 tsp macadamia oil (or preferred oil)
- 1kg of beef mince
- 1 lettuce
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 cucumber
- 2 carrots
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 3 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 pack of tortillas
- Combine all spices with the exception of the garlic.
- Finely chop onion and prepare garlic for crushing.
- Heat oil on a med-low heat in a large frying pan. Add onion and cook until translucent.
- Crush garlic into fry pan and stir for a minute or so.
- Add your preferred meat and cook until browned.
- Add spices and stir for a couple of minutes until well combined.
- Cut up veggies to serve.
- Serve in lettuce or tortilla wraps with your fave veggies and salad.
I have had requests for the original recipe I had here for Taco Seasoning. This one isn’t Paleo or gluten free but it is very tasty as well:
- 4 tbsps plain flour
- 1 tsp dried minced garlic
- 3 tbsps chili powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1.5 tbsp ground cumin
- 3 tsp salt
- In a bowl combine and mix all the ingredients well.
- Transfer to a clean (dry) jar with airtight lid. This makes approx 1/2 cup of taco seasoning.
- When making tacos, add 3 tbsps of this seasoning to the meat, stir in, then add 3/4 cup of water to the meat and cook for a couple of minutes until excess liquid is simmered away.
If you need step by step instructions on cooking tacos for a meal, you can download the word document – Tacos Recipe
If you would like to make your own salsa, you can find my recipe for that here: Easy Salsa Recipe.
Family Menu Plan For The Week
This is what our family is having this week:
Baking: Banana Cake
Monday: Potato and Leek Soup
Tuesday: Porcupine Meatballs
Wednesday: Left Overs
Thursday: Beef Stir Fry with Asian Greens
Friday: Baked Penne With Bacon