For parents – click on the “Dialogue Prompts” label under the first panel before you get the children started. It gives great tips on how to use the comic strip creation as a medium for discussing emotions with children.
- Choose how many panels you want to create.
- Choose your character/s, then click through the options to choose an emotion for your character/s and click to add it to the panel.
- Move the character to where you want them to be in panel and add a thought or talk bubble. You can adjust the size of the bubble by clicking on the red arrows.
- Click on the bubble in the panel to write your text.
- Choose a background and you have finished the first panel.
My kids had great fun making comics over the week end, the one illustrated above was the creation of the 8 year old. As it does not require too much technical skills, even the 5 year old has been able to make her own as well.