This rice bubble slice is super easy to make and it is versatile. If you didn’t want to use rice bubbles you could use rice puffs or even crush up rice cakes and use that instead.
Our kids particularly like this one as they think it is just like a prepackaged snack bar LCMs.
I make our slice in a lasagne dish lined with baking paper. It makes 16 pieces so only lasts for lunch boxes for a couple of days. I find it keeps better stored in the fridge until it goes in the kids’ lunch boxes.
Rice Bubble Slice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 250 grams white marshmallows
- 6 cups of Rice Bubbles or crushed Rice Cakes
- Optional - 100s and 1000s
- Line a slice tray with baking paper.
- Place the rice bubbles into a large bowl.
- On a low heat, melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Add marshmallows to the butter and stir until they are completely melted. I have bought the home brand pink and white ones and they work fine, but I think the taste is nicer if it is just plain white.
- Pour marshmallow mix into the bowl with rice bubbles and combine well.
- Press mixture into the tray. (If it is sticking to your hands, try wetting them slightly with cold water.) You can sprinkle with 100s and 1000s if desired
- Put in the fridge to cool and set.
- Once set, cut into desired shape. I tend to go for rectangles about 5cm x 3cm.
Family Menu Plan For The Week
Baking: Anzac Biscuits
Monday: Family Meat Pie
Tuesday: Spaghetti Bolognaise
Wednesday: Salad Rolls
Thursday: Beef Stir Fry with Asian Greens
Friday: Left Overs
Saturday: Chicken Wings, Baked Potatoes and Corn