Steel cut oats porridge (slow cooker recipe)
- Using a pastry brush coat the inside of the slow cooker with melted coconut oil as this will help prevent the porridge from sticking to the bottom and sides.
- Add the steel cut oats then pour the Coco Quench into the slow cooker.
- Stir, then place the lid on, place the setting on low.
- Cook for 8 - 10 hours. Ours is usually perfect after 9 hours of cooking.
- Spoon into bowls and add a teaspoon of rice malt syrup to sweeten if desired. Or alternatively add some fresh fruit, coconut flakes or seeds to add to the flavour and texture.
This makes a large amount of porridge, if you are aiming to feed a family of four, I would halve the ingredients.
Recipe by Planning With Kids at http://planningwithkids.com/2014/06/20/steel-cut-oats-porridge-slow-cooker-recipe/