This recipe is quite similar to the popular Banana Oat Balls recipe on the blog. This recipe however makes more balls (30 – 34) so lasts a little longer across the week!
They are easy to make and it is a good recipe to get the kids in the kitchen and help you with the school lunch box food preparation (just see tips for rolling).
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 100 grams butter
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp Himalayan Pink salt
- ¾ cup small choc chips
- Place oats in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- In a small saucepan melt the butter and honey until well combined.
- Add vanilla and salt and mix through.
- Add the honey liquid to the oats and mix well. Place mixture in the fridge to cool for 15 minutes. This helps make it easier to roll the balls and it prevents the choc chips from melting.
- Add in the choc chips and stir through evenly.
- Using a heaped tablespoon, roll mixture into a ball. If you are finding the mixture is sticking to your hands, clean them, then rinse them with cold water. Begin rolling the next ball with slightly wet hands.
- Continue this until all mixture is used and then place in the fridge for 2 hours to set.
- Keep in the fridge in an airtight container.
More family friendly recipes
The kid friendly menu planning app allows you to:
- Create weekly menu plans quickly, choosing as many meals per day as you would like to plan for.
- Generate the shopping list for all the meals selected.
- Modify the shopping list to check off items you already have at home.
- Email the shopping list to yourself and/or others.
The most popular recipes from the blog have been included and more will be added on a regular basis. Each recipe lists the ingredients required, easy to follow instructions and a photo from the blog.
Planning With Kids Menu Planner Update
Just a quick note to let you know I have just added 10 more recipes to the PWK Menu Planner App. For some reason the notifications aren’t working so if you have purchased the app, you might not have noticed they have arrived.
To see the new recipes, go to the meals section in the app and tap on most recent as highlighted below to see what is new!
If you would like to find out more about the app click here – Planning With Kids Menu Planning App.