This recipe is quite similar to the popular Banana Oat Balls recipe on the blog. This recipe however makes more balls (30 – 34) so lasts a little longer across the week!
They are easy to make and it is a good recipe to get the kids in the kitchen and help you with the school lunch box food preparation (just see tips for rolling).
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 100 grams butter
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp Himalayan Pink salt
- ¾ cup small choc chips
- Place oats in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- In a small saucepan melt the butter and honey until well combined.
- Add vanilla and salt and mix through.
- Add the honey liquid to the oats and mix well. Place mixture in the fridge to cool for 15 minutes. This helps make it easier to roll the balls and it prevents the choc chips from melting.
- Add in the choc chips and stir through evenly.
- Using a heaped tablespoon, roll mixture into a ball. If you are finding the mixture is sticking to your hands, clean them, then rinse them with cold water. Begin rolling the next ball with slightly wet hands.
- Continue this until all mixture is used and then place in the fridge for 2 hours to set.
- Keep in the fridge in an airtight container.
More family friendly recipes
If you are looking for further recipe inspiration, check out my complete list of Family Friendly Recipes.