This was a recipe I made as a small Christmas treat for some friends. My intention had been to make my own marshmallows to make this slice, but time ran away from me so I needed to be a little creative and use something else instead.
I opted for macadamias. While not tasting anything like marshmallows, they looked the part and macadamias are super tasty in their own right!
It doesn’t taste 100% like rocky road – more like the slice gives a nod to rocky road without all the sugar .
It does however taste super delicious and was easy to make in a large amount to give to others.
- 1 ½ cups coconut oil
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 ⅓ cup almond meal
- 2 cups cacao powder
- 1 ½ cup macadamias
- 1 cup goji berries
- 1 ½ cup coconut flakes
- ¼ tsp Himalayan salt
- Roughly chop macadamias and set aside.
- Line a slice tray with baking paper. My tray size was 26.5cm x 16.5cm.
- Add the coconut oil, cacao powder, maple syrup, salt and almond meal to the food processor. Pulse until smooth.
- Pour into a medium sized bowl and then add nuts, goji berries and coconut flakes. Mix gently with a spoon.
- Spoon the mixture out into the tray then smooth it out. Place the tray in the freezer for 15 minutes and allow it to set.
- Remove from the freezer and slice into pieces.
- This slice should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge.