Did you used to eat those apricot delight pieces as a kid? I never liked them, my sisters did and my kids used to love them. When we lived in Richmond and would go to the Saturday fruit and veg market, we would buy some for the kids to have as a sweet treat.
Occasionally we would buy the strawberry ones. I liked those ones, but the kids didn’t! Anyway these super easy creation reminded me of them so much that I called them raw strawberry delight balls!
I made them using 100% freeze dried strawberries. I bought them from Apples and Sage but you can also buy them online here. The freeze dried strawberries are sort of crunchy, sort of not! A funny texture actually.
The raw strawberry delight balls make a perfect little snack with a cup of tea.
- 1 ½ cups pitted dates
- 1 ½ cups cashews
- 25 grams freeze dried strawberries
- ½ cup desiccated coconut for rolling
- Add all ingredients except the desiccated coconut to the food processor and pulse.
- Pulse for a few minutes, then scrape down the sides and blend again.
- Repeat this step a number of times until the mixture is soft and sticks together.
- To test if it is ready place a chunk in your hand and squeeze it. It should bind together easily when it is ready. If it is still crumbly, process further.
- Then use a heaped tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball, then roll in desiccated coconut and place into an airtight container.
- Continue to make balls with the rest of the mixture then allow to set in the fridge for two hours.
Our family menu plan for the week
Week Commencing 22nd Aug 2016
|Mon||Slow cooker roast lamb|
|Wed||Slow cooker chicken satay (gluten free)
|Thu||Moroccan minted beef|
|Fri||Home made hamburgers and salad|
|Sat||Sweet chilli chicken wraps|
|Sun||Chicken wings, baked potatoes and steamed corn|
|Shopping List||Weekly menu plan shopping list 160822|
More family friendly recipes
The kid friendly menu planning app allows you to:
- Create weekly menu plans quickly, choosing as many meals per day as you would like to plan for.
- Generate the shopping list for all the meals selected.
- Modify the shopping list to check off items you already have at home.
- Email the shopping list to yourself and/or others.
The most popular recipes from the blog have been included and more will be added on a regular basis. Each recipe lists the ingredients required, easy to follow instructions and a photo from the blog.