I do love the slow cooker. Even in the warmer months there is still so much you can cook in it. If you would like to see more of my slow cooker recipes simply click here.
This recipe contains two of my favourite spices turmeric and ginger. I am maybe just a little obsessed with them at the moment, including them in my latest batch of kombucha as well!
It is also a great recipe for making a large amount of food with ease and little fuss. It is perfect if like me you undertake meal prep for you lunches. This recipe is big enough to serve the family for dinner and then make up four meals for during the week.
Ginger and turmeric go together so well, but I made turmeric the dominate spice in this dish.
Broccoli was the only veg I added to the dish, but you could add what ever veg you wanted.
- 3cm piece of ginger
- 5cm piece of turmeric
- 3 garlic cloves
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 red chilli
- 1 kg chicken breasts
- 2 heads broccoli
- 400 grams diced canned tomatoes
- ¾ cup vegetable stock
- 440mls coconut cream
- Finely grate the turmeric and ginger and prepare the garlic for crushing.
- Finely chop the red chilli. Deseed it if you prefer less spice.
- Dice the chicken and cut the broccoli into small florets.
- Add the broccoli to the slow cooker and place the chicken on top.
- In a jug mix the tomatoes, vegetable stock, black pepper, ginger, turmeric, garlic and chilli. Pour into the slow cooker and then cook on high for 3 - 4 hours or low for 7 - 8 hours.
- minutes before serving, add the coconut cream. I like my curry thicker so only add the solid part and stir. Allow to heat through.
- Serve on a bed of rice. If you want to go even more turmeric flavour, add a teaspoon of turmeric powder to the rice while cooking.
More family friendly recipes
The kid friendly menu planning app allows you to:
- Create weekly menu plans quickly, choosing as many meals per day as you would like to plan for.
- Generate the shopping list for all the meals selected.
- Modify the shopping list to check off items you already have at home.
- Email the shopping list to yourself and/or others.
The most popular recipes from the blog have been included and more will be added on a regular basis. Each recipe lists the ingredients required, easy to follow instructions and a photo from the blog.