Out of all the raw treats I have created over the last year, these delicious crunchy choc peppermint balls would be in my top three faves. The crunch from the cacao nibs combined with the peppermint oil is awesome!
I used Pure Peppermint Essential Oil which I find gives a superior flavour to using a peppermint flavour extract like you find in the supermarket.
The crunchy choc peppermint balls really taste like a choc treat, so if you have recently quit processed sugar and want a snack to make that gives you a chocolate type fix, definitely give this recipe a go!
- 2 cup raw cashews
- 2 cups dates pitted
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs
- 5-7 drops of Pure Peppermint Essential Oil
- Add cashews, dates and cacao powder to the food processor and pulse until it forms a dough like consistency. To test it is ready you should be able to squeeze the dough easily to form a ball which stays together well.
- Add peppermint oil and cacao nibs to the mix and pulse for 10 - 15 seconds or until well combined.
- Using a heaped tablespoon of mixture, make into balls.
- Place in an airtight container in the fridge and let set for 2 hours.
More family friendly recipes
If you are looking for further recipe inspiration, check out my complete list of Family Friendly Recipes.
Some of the links contain affiliate links, which means at no extra cost to you, making purchases through them helps support this site. Thank you!