I have been experimenting with a few new salads of late. I wish Melbourne would join in properly and serve up some decent hot weather to go with it. I find salads an easy way to get more veggies into my diet.
This is a simple salad with a light dressing that tastes delicious. The addition of apple gives a lovely sweetness. While I use a Pink Lady as they are my favourite, you could use any apple you liked.
This recipe makes a reasonable size salad, so if you think it won’t be all eaten at the first sitting, I recommend keeping the dressing and cashews separate. Simply add them to the individual serves as needed. That way the salad will stay fresher longer when stored in the fridge.
- ½ head of cabbage
- 2 cups baby kale
- 1 large Pink Lady apple
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup cashews
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Finely chop cabbage. Roughly chop kale. Thinly slice capsicum. Core and dice apple, then toss in lemon juice.
- Add all the ingredients to a large bowl.
- Mix together the dressing ingredients and whisk with a fork.
- Pour dressing on salad, add cashews and toss gently.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Our family menu plan for the week
Week Commencing 21st September
|Sat||Weekly menu plan shopping list 150921|
PWK Menu Planning App
The kid friendly menu planning app allows you to:
- Create weekly menu plans quickly, choosing as many meals per day as you would like to plan for.
- Generate the shopping list for all the meals selected.
- Modify the shopping list to check off items you already have at home.
- Email the shopping list to yourself and/or others.
The most popular recipes from the blog have been included and more will be added on a regular basis. Each recipe lists the ingredients required, easy to follow instructions and a photo from the blog.
What salads have you been making?