This shredded chicken is tasty, moist and a great dish to whip up overnight for lunches the next day. I have it with salad for my lunches and I will use it as a filling for sandwiches.
It is as simple as rubbing the chicken breasts with some butter, seasoning with salt and pepper, pouring on the stock and letting it cook!
The chicken can be kept in the fridge for 2 -3 days (check out this link for more tips on safely storing chicken). You can freeze the chicken if you do not use it up in time.
- 2 large chicken breasts (approx 700 grams)
- 1 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup vegetable or chicken stock
- Place chicken in slow cooker. Rub chicken with butter and season with salt and pepper. (If the chicken breasts are thick, slice them in half.)
- Pour stock over the chicken, place lid on and cook for 8 - 10 hours on low or 4 - 5 hours on high.
- Once chicken is cooked, remove the chicken from the slow cooker. Place in a large dish and use two forks to shred.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- You can keep some of the left over liquid and use in stir fries and other dishes to add flavour.
Our family menu plan for the week
Week Commencing 27th July
|Mon||Slow cooker roast beef|
|Tue||Slow cooker pulled pork
|Thu||Dukkah crusted salmon with crunchy potatoes and garlic spinach|
|Fri||Home made hamburgers and salad|
|Sat||Sweet chilli chicken wraps|
|Sun||Sausages, veg and crispy mashed potato mounds|
The kid friendly menu planning app allows you to:
The most popular recipes from the blog have been included and more will be added on a regular basis. Each recipe lists the ingredients required, easy to follow instructions and a photo from the blog.