I have been meaning to work out an ingredient replacement for canola oil in my standard muffin recipe, using coconut oil instead. I had one lonely lemon in the fruit basket so opted for coconut and lemon flavours. I added desiccated coconut to the mix and as coconut is quite absorbing, I added more milk too. The official taste tester on the day Mr I, guessed the ingredient combination! These muffins are perfect for school lunches and family.
- 2 cups self raising flour
- ½ cup caster sugar
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 225mls milk
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted (or melted butter)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp lemon rind
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- To a medium sized mixing bowl add flour, sugar and coconut. Mix and make a well in the middle.
- In a separate bowl mix the coconut oil, eggs, milk, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into well and mix with a wooden spoon. Muffins are best when made quickly and not over mixed.
- Add lemon rind and mix lightly through.
- Spoon muffin mix into 15 large patty pans in the muffin tray
- Bake for 12 -15 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool on a rack before placing in an air tight container.
Our weekly menu plan
Simple tasty meals this week planned!
Week Commencing 18th May
|Mon||Sweet chilli chicken wraps|
|Wed||Chicken schnitzel and vegetables|
|Thu||Honey roasted lamb shoulder|
|Sun||Sausages and crispy mashed potato mounds|
|Shopping List||Weekly menu plan shopping list 150518|
PWK Menu Planning App
The kid friendly menu planning app allows you to:
- Create weekly menu plans quickly, choosing as many meals per day as you would like to plan for.
- Generate the shopping list for all the meals selected.
- Modify the shopping list to check off items you already have at home.
- Email the shopping list to yourself and/or others.
The most popular recipes from the blog have been included and more will be added on a regular basis. Each recipe lists the ingredients required, easy to follow instructions and a photo from the blog.
What are your favourite ingredients for a stir fry?