Smoothies are a core part of my daily diet. I have shared some of my favourite smoothies before:
Those recipes are a mix of wholefood smoothies and smoothies using protein powder which reflects what I consume across the week.
When ordering my protein powder last time, I decided to be a little bit adventerous and as well as the vanilla protein I always buy, I also ordered a small bag of Matcha Green Tea WPI. I thought I would only order a small bag in case I didn’t like it, but I will be certainly ordering a larger bag next time.
It makes a great change from the Vanilla Bean WPI I have. Both are made by Bare Blends and I highly recommend them. Unlike most commercial protein powders they are organic and don’t have fillers, artificial flavours or sweeteners.
- 30 grams Matcha Green Tea WPI
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach
- 2 tbsp coconut cream
- ⅓ cup water
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- Add all ingredients except the shredded coconut to your food processor or blender and process!
- I use a food processor and blend it for 2 -3 minutes until it is light and fluffy.
- Pour into a bowl, top with shredded coconut and eat with a spoon.
It makes a large smoothie, which I eat all of. Feedback from readers previously is that it serves two.
More family friendly recipes
The kid friendly menu planning app allows you to:
- Create weekly menu plans quickly, choosing as many meals per day as you would like to plan for.
- Generate the shopping list for all the meals selected.
- Modify the shopping list to check off items you already have at home.
- Email the shopping list to yourself and/or others.
The most popular recipes from the blog have been included and more will be added on a regular basis. Each recipe lists the ingredients required, easy to follow instructions and a photo from the blog.
Are you a smoothie fan too? What’s your favourite?