Smoothies are a core part of my daily diet. I have shared some of my favourite smoothies before:
Those recipes are a mix of wholefood smoothies and smoothies using protein powder which reflects what I consume across the week.
When ordering my protein powder last time, I decided to be a little bit adventurous and as well as the vanilla protein I always buy, I also ordered a small bag of Matcha Green Tea WPI. I thought I would only order a small bag in case I didn’t like it, but I will be certainly ordering a larger bag next time.
It makes a great change from the Vanilla Bean WPI I have. Both are made by Bare Blends and I highly recommend them. Unlike most commercial protein powders they are organic and don’t have fillers, artificial flavours or sweeteners.
- 30 grams Matcha Green Tea WPI
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach
- 2 tbsp coconut cream
- ⅓ cup water
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- Add all ingredients except the shredded coconut to your food processor or blender and process!
- I use a food processor and blend it for 2 -3 minutes until it is light and fluffy.
- Pour into a bowl, top with shredded coconut and eat with a spoon.
It makes a large smoothie, which I eat all of. Feedback from readers previously is that it serves two.
More family friendly recipes
If you are looking for further recipe inspiration, check out my complete list of Family Friendly Recipes.
Are you a smoothie fan too? What’s your favourite?