This is another recipe along the lines of my Larabar inspired recipes I posted last year – My Larabar inspired raw bars and balls.
Super easy to make and they taste fabulous. I love the freshness of lime and these bars have a lovely distinct lime flavour.
I package mine up straight away and put them in the freezer to make sure I don’t eat too many at a time.
- 1 ¼ cup cashews
- ¾ cup almonds
- 2 ½ cup dates
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Zest and juice of 1 small lime
- Place almonds, cashews and dates into the food processor and blend. Blend for a few minutes, scrape the mixture from down the sides of the food processor and blend again. Do this a couple of times until the mixture is soft and sticks together. Do not over process though, as you will end up mixture that is too runny.
- Add the lime juice and lime zest and process again.
- Add shredded coconut to the food processor and pulse until combined.
- Press the lime mix into a lined small-medium baking tray and place in the fridge for a couple of hours. Once the mixture has set cut with a sharp knife into your desired size.
Our Family Menu Plan For This Week
We are having a fairly mild summer so far, so not a traditional summer menu plan this week.
Week Commencing 5th Jan
|Mon||Chicken schnitzel and salad|
|Tue||Slow Cooker Satay
|Wed||Spaghetti and Zucchini Bolognese|
|Thu||Spicy Slow Cooker Lamb|
|Sat||Lamb chops and vegetables|
|Shopping List||Weekly menu plan shopping list 150112|
Menu Planning App
If you are looking for further recipe inspiration, check out my complete list of Family Friendly Recipes.