This is another recipe along the lines of my Larabar inspired recipes I posted last year – My Larabar inspired raw bars and balls.
Super easy to make and they taste fabulous. I love the freshness of lime and these bars have a lovely distinct lime flavour.
I package mine up straight away and put them in the freezer to make sure I don’t eat too many at a time.
- 1 ¼ cup cashews
- ¾ cup almonds
- 2 ½ cup dates
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Zest and juice of 1 small lime
- Place almonds, cashews and dates into the food processor and blend. Blend for a few minutes, scrape the mixture from down the sides of the food processor and blend again. Do this a couple of times until the mixture is soft and sticks together. Do not over process though, as you will end up mixture that is too runny.
- Add the lime juice and lime zest and process again.
- Add shredded coconut to the food processor and pulse until combined.
- Press the lime mix into a lined small-medium baking tray and place in the fridge for a couple of hours. Once the mixture has set cut with a sharp knife into your desired size.
Our Family Menu Plan For This Week
We are having a fairly mild summer so far, so not a traditional summer menu plan this week.
Week Commencing 5th Jan
|Mon||Chicken schnitzel and salad|
|Tue||Slow Cooker Satay
|Wed||Spaghetti and Zucchini Bolognese|
|Thu||Spicy Slow Cooker Lamb|
|Sat||Lamb chops and vegetables|
|Shopping List||Weekly menu plan shopping list 150112|
Menu Planning App
The kid friendly menu planning app allows you to:
- Create weekly menu plans quickly, choosing as many meals per day as you would like to plan for.
- Generate the shopping list for all the meals selected.
- Modify the shopping list to check off items you already have at home.
- Email the shopping list to yourself and/or others.
The most popular recipes from the blog have been included and more will be added on a regular basis. The app will notify you when new recipes have been added, so you will be able to deliver plenty of variety in your family’s menu plans. Each recipe lists the ingredients required, easy to follow instructions and a photo from the blog.
What’s on your menu plan this week?