This is super basic and super easy beef mince curry. I use my homemade curry powder blend which you can find here. My kids like curries pretty mild so this recipe reflects that. You can easily spice it up more by adding more curry powder and even some fresh chillies.
A dash of turmeric in with the rice while it is cooking to create some lovely yellow rice.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp homemade curry powder (this is mild, add more if you like a little more spice)
- 1kg beef mince
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 2 large carrots
- 1 large red capsicum
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rice to serve
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Place rice in rice cooker, add the turmeric and cook.
- Grate carrot, finely chop onion and capsicum.
- Add coconut oil to a large frying pan and heat on medium high. Add onion and cook onion until transparent.
- Crush garlic into the pan and add curry powder, cook for a minute or two until fragrant.
- Add mince to the pan and cook, breaking it up as it cooks.
- Once cooked add carrot, capsicum, tomatoes and salt. Cook for about 5 minutes or until the liquid has evaporated.
- Serve on a bed of rice.
Our Family Menu Plan For This Week
I am hosting a Christmas breakfast this year for my two lovely sisters and their families. I do love a theme, so have chosen a Mexican theme for it. As well as Mexican inspired recipes, we will have a piñata, Mexican punch and even nachos! We will then be having lunch with my husband’s family and I will be taking a few dishes along. I have a separate menu plan for those recipes, but the ingredients are listed in the shopping list below.
Week Commencing 22nd Dec
|Mon||Honey roasted lamb shoulder|
|Tue||Sweet chilli chicken wraps|
|Wed||Sausages and crispy mashed potato mounds|
|Thu||Christmas Day||Christmas Day|
|Fri||Slow cooker shredded beef and rocket salad|
|Sat||Chicken with mint lime sauce|
|Sun||Roast chicken and vegetables|
|Shopping List||Weekly menu plan shopping list 141222|
The kid friendly menu planning app allows you to:
- Create weekly menu plans quickly, choosing as many meals per day as you would like to plan for.
- Generate the shopping list for all the meals selected.
- Modify the shopping list to check off items you already have at home.
- Email the shopping list to yourself and/or others.
The most popular recipes from the blog have been included and more will be added on a regular basis. The app will notify you when new recipes have been added, so you will be able to deliver plenty of variety in your family’s menu plans. Each recipe lists the ingredients required, easy to follow instructions and a photo from the blog.