These gluten free honey cupcakes are easy to make and as they are also nut free they are perfect to take to school for a class celebration. I made them using the paper baking cups, but you could easily make them using the traditional patty pans inside muffin trays.
It is a simple process to make them – add all the wet ingredients together.
Add all the dry ingredients together. Then add the wet ingredients to the dry. I used Coco Quench from blog sponsor Pureharvest in this recipe and it helps give a lovely sweet flavour with the added nutrients from the organic coconut and rice milk.
A quick mix with the electric beater.
And then you are ready to spoon out the batter.
If you use the paper baking cups, a tip I have for putting them in lunch boxes is to cut a split down one side of the cup and then fold over a corner. My prep son was finding them hard to eat until I did this for him.
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- ½ tsp gluten free baking powder
- ¼ tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup honey
- ⅓ cupPureharvest Coco Quench
- 80 grams butter melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
- In a medium bowl add all the dry ingredients and mix lightly with a wooden spoon.
- In a mixing jug add all the wet ingredients, use a hand held beater to mix until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and beat for a 1 - 2 minutes with the hand held beater.
- Spoon the batter out into patty pans until they are ¾ full.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes until they are cooked.
- To test if done, place the skewer in the middle of the cupcakes and when it comes out clean they are cooked.
- Remove cupcakes from the tray and allow to cool on a rack.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Makes 12.
More family friendly recipes
The kid friendly menu planning app allows you to:
- Create weekly menu plans quickly, choosing as many meals per day as you would like to plan for.
- Generate the shopping list for all the meals selected.
- Modify the shopping list to check off items you already have at home.
- Email the shopping list to yourself and/or others.
The most popular recipes from the blog have been included and more will be added on a regular basis. The app will notify you when new recipes have been added, so you will be able to deliver plenty of variety in your family’s menu plans. Each recipe lists the ingredients required, easy to follow instructions and a photo from the blog.
What have you been making for the kids’ lunch boxes recently?