- you can make it ahead of time
- you can use cheaper cuts of meat and the meat turns out beautifully tender
With this is in mind, you could tweak this recipe to use what veggies you had on hand and alter the spice combinations to suit your preferred tastes. If it was only me eating it, I would add some fresh chillies to it as well, to bump up the heat a little.
My recipe uses coconut amino sauce. Coconut amino sauce is like soy sauce without the soy! If you eat soy sauce you could use that instead, but perhaps just a little less as it is a stronger flavour.
- ¼ cup beef stock
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 5 tbsp coconut amino sauce or soy sauce
- 5 tbsp sweet chilli sauce (I use my homemade sauce - recipe here)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1.5kg beef strips
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups basmati rice
- In a small mixing bowl add stock, arrowroot powder, coconut amino sauce, coconut oil (melted) and sweet chilli sauce.
- Crush garlic into the bowl and whisk it all together with a fork.
- Add this mixture to the slow cooker with the beef. Give a little stir so all the meat is covered. Don't freak out at how little liquid there is. It multiplies! As you can see in my photos there was plenty of liquid in the meal.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- Thirty minutes before you wish to serve add the broccoli to the dish.
- If you like rice, serve on a bed of rice or enjoy on its own.
Our Family Menu Plan For This Week
Sticking with simple this week!
Week Commencing 1st March
|Sat||Sausage and Salad|
Lunch Box Egg and Bacon Muffins
Rice bubble slice
|Mon||Pan fried chicken and salad|
|Tue||Moroccan minted beef|
|Thu||Spaghetti and Zucchini Bolognese|
|Fri||Scrambled eggs and tomatoes|
|Shopping List||Weekly menu plan shopping list 1st March 2014|
If you are looking for further recipe inspiration, check out my complete list of Family Friendly Recipes.
What have you been cooking in your slow cooker recently?