This post is part of my 10 Week Christmas Planning Series. Click here to read more posts – Christmas Planning 2013.
Another Macadamia Nut recipe and another quick recipe too. I served these as starters at our family Christmas dinner last weekend. They were loved by kids and adults alike.
I just tweaked my recipe for Vanilla Walnuts slightly, but the taste and texture is completely different. This recipe is a little sticky so best served in a little wrapper.
What are you making for starters Christmas day?
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons macadamia oil
- 2 tsp himalayan sea salt
- 400 grams raw macadamias
- Heat cast iron frying pan on low for a couple of minutes then add the oil and increase the temperature to medium.
- Add the oil to the pan and when warm add the macadamias. Stir to coat the macadamias with the oil.
- Stir every 30 seconds or so until you can start to smell the nuts. This takes about 3 - 4 minutes.
- Once they have roasted slightly, turn down the heat to low and add the honey and salt. Stir constantly for 2 - 3 minutes.
- On a serving platter, place 30 mini patty pans.
- Using a small spoon scoop out around 7 nuts and add to each pan with some of the honey mixture to make the clusters.
- Allow to cool and set completely before serving.
Christmas Menu Plans
If you are still looking for ideas for Christmas menu plans check out my recent post here.
Family Friendly Recipes
The kid friendly menu planning app allows you to:
- Create weekly menu plans quickly, choosing as many meals per day as you would like to plan for.
- Generate the shopping list for all the meals selected.
- Modify the shopping list to check off items you already have at home.
- Email the shopping list to yourself and/or others.
The most popular recipes from the blog have been included and more will be added on a weekly basis. The app will notify you when new recipes have been added, so you will be able to deliver plenty of variety in your family’s menu plans. Each recipe lists the ingredients required, easy to follow instructions and a photo from the blog.Tweet