This post is part of my 10 Week Christmas Planning Series. Click here to read more posts – Christmas Planning 2013.
I am very keen on Dukkah at the moment. My favourite combo is to have it on smashed avocado, served with sweet potato and eggs.
I have made this recipe with and without the chilli and both are great. Omit the chilli if the person you are making this for isn’t a fan of hot spicy flavours.
Alternatively if you have someone who loves spicy flavours, you could up the chilli a little as it is only a mild flavour. Add a little taste test and then add some more until you are happy.
If you are not a fan of almonds you can check out this hazelnut based Dukkah.
I made this Dukkah as part of a gift for parents in law. I bought some bottles and filled them with lovely olive oil and balsamic vinegar and put them together as a set.
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 1½ - 2 tbs ground cumin
- 1½ - 2 tbs ground coriander
- 4 tbs sesame seeds
- 1 ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 1 ½ tsp sea salt flakes
- In a non stick pan, toast almonds for a couple of minutes. Place into the food processor
- Making sure the pan has cooled slightly, toast sesame seeds for a minute and set aside.
- Add cumin and coriander to the food processor and blend until the almonds are of a fine consistency.
- Transfer to medium size mixing bowl.
- Add the salt, sesame seeds and chili flakes and mix well.
- You can eat it straight away or store in an airtight container.
- This made three jars.
Family Friendly Recipes
The kid friendly menu planning app allows you to:
- Create weekly menu plans quickly, choosing as many meals per day as you would like to plan for.
- Generate the shopping list for all the meals selected.
- Modify the shopping list to check off items you already have at home.
- Email the shopping list to yourself and/or others.
The most popular recipes from the blog have been included and more will be added on a regular basis. The app will notify you when new recipes have been added, so you will be able to deliver plenty of variety in your family’s menu plans. Each recipe lists the ingredients required, easy to follow instructions and a photo from the blog.