This is a super easy recipe to make and will suit those who are dairy and grain free. The main ingredient is one of my favourite foods – the macadamia nut! It was inspired by this recipe here. You need a food processor to make these biscuits and while very easy to make, it does take a little time to process the macadamias so the oil is released. Check regularly with your hands to get a feel for how moist the mixture is becoming as it can be deceiving. To mould the biscuits I used silicone muffin cases. And they pop out easily once they have set in the fridge. These no bake macadamia nut biscuits go delightfully with a cup of tea in the afternoon.
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ⅛ tsp Himalayan pink salt
- Add all the ingredients to the food processor.
- Pulse for a couple of minutes. Stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Continue this process until the mixture is very soft and the oils have secreted from the macadamias. It will look like breadcrumbs but use your hands and squeeze together a chunk of the mixture to test if it is ready.
- I used silicone muffin pans to make the biscuits. Scoop out a large tablespoon of mixture into each muffin pan - it will make around 10.
- Pat down very firmly with the back of the spoon.
- Place in the fridge for an hour.
- Gently pop out of the silicone case and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container and these are best kept in the fridge before serving.
Our Family Menu Plan For This Week
Lots of the kids favourites on the menu plan this week!
Week Commencing 16th November 2013
|Sun||Sausage and veg
Leftover taco parcels
Quinoa Snack Balls
|Tue||Spicy chutney chicken with mixed rice|
|Wed||Slow Cooker Satay|
|Thu||Pan Fried Fish and Salad|
|Shopping List||Weekly menu plan shopping list 26th October 2013|
- Create weekly menu plans quickly, choosing as many meals per day as you would like to plan for.
- Generate the shopping list for all the meals selected.
- Modify the shopping list to check off items you already have at home.
- Email the shopping list to yourself and/or others.
The most popular recipes from the blog have been included and more will be added on a weekly basis. The app will notify you when new recipes have been added, so you will be able to deliver plenty of variety in your family’s menu plans. Each recipe lists the ingredients required, easy to follow instructions and a photo from the blog.
Are you a macadamia nut fan too?