This give away is now closed. Winners will be announced shortly.
This is a review post.
Late last year my very old jogger stroller broke beyond repair. This year every time I saw a jogger stroller I would closely inspect it, they have improved so much in recent years and after seeing the B.O.B Ironman Stroller in action a number of times, I decided to contact Britax who distribute them here in Australia and ask if they would like me to review one for them. Lucky for me and for readers of the blog, they said yes and they would also happily give away an B.O.B Ironman Stroller to a reader of the blog!
It has a large canopy which you can adjust easily depending on how much the child wants to see and the weather. According to the specs it has a 125° range of coverage! The seat material is water repellant which we thoroughly tested on our first morning out.
Parts of the track are very wide and on a number of occasions with our old swivel wheel stroller, we had trouble getting across the tracks without a couple of extra hard pushes – always stressful with other kids and dog in tow. The B.O.B Ironman glides straight across the tracks and as the wheels are fixed, there is no chance of them turning and getting wedged.
I also really appreciate having the wrist strap on the stroller too. We have to cross an incredibly busy road on the way home and I always hold on so tight to the stroller. Having the wrist strap gives me that extra level of comfort.
Other important things to know about the B.O.B Ironman Stroller
- The BOB Ironman Stroller is suitable for newborn babies.
- You can walk with a baby right away when using the Ironman as a Travel System Stroller (Use with the BOB Infant Car Seat Adapter and Britax Safe-n-Sound Unity Infant Carrier with BOB Fashions).
- BOB recommends babies be at least 8 months old before running, jogging or off road use.
- There are a number of accessories you can purchase to further enhance the stroller.
I love this stroller and highly recommend it. It is amazingly light and glides so smoothly. It can take decent weight (child plus extra stuff) up to 31.2kg, but holds it well so it isn’t too hard running it up hills.
I love that once I have dropped the kids off at school, I can sneak in another quick 1.5km run. It is going to make things much easier for me running between school and kinder to get the preschooler there on time. And an added bonus of the running is it tires our puppy out so she sleeps when we get home, and for a moment she stops eating everything in sight!
B.O.B Ironman Stroller Giveaway valued $599
The very kind folk at Britax will giveaway one B.O.B Ironman Stroller to a reader of Planning With Kids.
To enter all you need to do is:
- Visit the B.O.B Ironman Stroller page and then come back to the blog and leave a comment telling me what feature or spec of the stroller will help make your life easier.
- The winner will be notified via email. You must have a valid email address to enter. If no response is received with 72 hours, a new winner will be selected.
- This give away is available to Australian residents only.
- The give away will close 9pm AEST Friday 14th June 2013.
- Good luck!