They were quick to prepare and tasted delicious. I am really enjoying the taste of the old butternut snap at the moment!
Ice Cream Tarts
- 1 packet butternut snaps
- 2 litres good quality vanilla ice cream
1. Remove the ice cream from its tub and into a large bowl. Break it up and allow it to soften. Crush the butternut snap biscuits in a plastic bag with a rolling pin.
2. Place premium quality patty pans into regular size muffin tins. Add a heaped tablespoon of biscuit crumbs to each patty pan. Give the crumbs a pat down with the rolling pin, to make them stay together.
5. I filled the patty pans up first then when back and smoothed them all out.
6. Cover with cling wrap and place in the freezer over night to set.
7. Remove from freezer and your ice cream tarts are ready!
The base is a little crumbly so you do need utensils to eat the tarts!
Our Family Menu Plan For This Week.
Meat and Veg
|Souvlaki||Roast Chicken and Veg|
Baking: Quinoa Snack Balls
|Slow Cooker Bolognaise||Pasta with Chicken and Spinach||Vegetable Soup||Left Overs||Rice Paper Rolls|
The kid friendly menu planning app allows you to:
- Create weekly menu plans quickly, choosing as many meals per day as you would like to plan for.
- Generate the shopping list for all the meals selected.
- Modify the shopping list to check off items you already have at home.
- Email the shopping list to yourself and/or others.
The most popular recipes from the blog have been included and more will be added on a weekly basis. The app will notify you when new recipes have been added, so you will be able to deliver plenty of variety in your family’s menu plans. Each recipe lists the ingredients required, easy to follow instructions and a photo from the blog.
What desserts are you planning on serving for Christmas? Feel free to share links in teh comments below as inspiration for others.