christmas tag group

This post is part of my 10 week Christmas Preparation Plan for 2012.

I like making my own Christmas tags but it can be a little time consuming. This year I have cheated a little making my own, to keep the time and dollar investment down to a minimum. They still look cute and most importantly they fit in with my theme for Christmas 2012!

This week I have been getting Christmas tags, cards and wrapping paper ready.

How to make your own simple Christmas Tags

Christmas Tags DSC06909
To make these Christmas tags you will need:

• tags – I purchased these from Officeworks
  • seals – I purchased mine online some months ago from Inky Co.
  • twine – I also purchased this from Inky Co.

Christmas Tags DSC06913
Simply place a sticker on each tag, I played around with placement and decided I like them being right aligned. Thread through your twine. Note which side you thread them through so you can have a consistent look across the tags and you are done!

Christmas Tags DSC06918

I also made a smaller batch of plain small tags, as for some gifts I have, the other tags will just be too big.

Christmas Tags DSC06923

Create a Christmas card box

Christmas Tags DSC06898
Thanks to the amazing design features of Kate from Picklebums I have a gorgeous batch of family Christmas cards making their way to me in the mail! Each year when the cards arrive I get together a box with all the required items for writing Christmas cards. Having everything in the one spot means that I can write one or two as I get a spare minute and make my way through the list quicker.

Create a Christmas wrapping box

Christmas Tags DSC06938
I also put together a wrapping box with the paper, ribbon, tags, sticky tape, pens etc so wrapping can also be done easily in batches.

All For Kids Market Blackburn 10th November 2012

I will be at the All For Kids Market Blackburn (upstairs). You will be able to buy the Planning With Kids 2013 Calendar for $28 and I will also have my book on sale for $25 or if you are keen you could buy both for a super special price of $45. The market runs from 9am -1pm and if you come along please pop by and say hello!

All For Kids Market
@ NewHope Church
3 Springfield Rd, Blackburn
From 9am – 1pm
allforkidsmarket.com.au

Have you made a start on your Christmas cards?

Tags: ,

• Lulu November 10, 2012 at 12:36 pm

I love the idea of a Christmas card box! So far I have written my list, plan to write out a few at a time and I aim to be finished by December 1st. Today I will put together my own card box-with several pens- so I can write out a few when I have a spare moment. Thanks for the inspiration : )

• PlanningQueen November 10, 2012 at 2:34 pm

I am going to aim for Dec 1 for mine too!

• Kym November 10, 2012 at 1:16 pm

Love the gift tags Nicole. I also set up a Christmas card and gift wrapping station. I put mine in a large basket I have. Along with the Christmas cards I also add my address book and stamps so that I can address them as I go along. I also get the children to make and write about 5 cardsa day for the week too (for their school friends and teachers). All of the items to make their cards is also contained in a small craft box (such as Christmas themed stickers and cutouts from Christmas paper or old cards which we pre-punch into shapes). Saves so much time doesn’t it!.

• PlanningQueen November 10, 2012 at 2:35 pm

Great ideas Kym, thanks so much for sharing them!

• Charmaine November 10, 2012 at 9:34 pm

Great ideas – esp the Christmas Card box and wrapping station. Thanks!

• kt November 11, 2012 at 9:59 am

So organised, I love it! What are the family Christmas cards you are referring to on Picklebums website? I followed the link but could not locate the Christmas cards.

• PlanningQueen November 14, 2012 at 12:53 pm

Hi Kt,

I should have explained that I pay Kate to do a personsalised design for me. You can see more of Kate’s design work here http://katepickle.com/

Nic

• Linda November 14, 2012 at 12:39 pm

Do you buy your wrapping paper from inky co too?

• Wishing for an organised Xmas November 14, 2012 at 12:57 pm

[...] Nicole from Planning with Kids also has put together the 10 Week Christmas Preparation Plan some practical Xmas tips and ideas to make things easier on you like the brilliant idea of making your own xmas tags and setting up a card and wraping station! [...]

• Kimberley December 06, 2012 at 3:05 pm

Thanks so much for all your great ideas to help make my Christmas look like I am Martha Stewart! I’m already getting great feedback on my gift candles complete with home made tags, cards are in the mail and all the shopping is done. Now, where did I put my wine glass…….

• PlanningQueen December 07, 2012 at 9:52 pm

Thanks for dropping back in to let me know Kimberley! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas (including some nice wine!)

• [...] go – Update the calendar9 weeks to go – Christmas presents ideas (for adults)8 weeks to go – Christmas tags and cards7 weeks to go – Christmas menu plan6 weeks to go – Christmas presents ideas (for kids)5 weeks to [...]