As the pikelets have greater flavour themselves courtesy of the vanilla yogurt, the kids thought they tasted great straight up without any additional toppings, making them a great addition for the lunch box roster too!
Pikelet Recipe – Vanilla Yogurt Edition
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups vanilla yogurt
- 50 mls milk
6. Add a small amount of butter to a frying pan on medium heat.
9. The pikelets take less time to cook on the second side. Using a spatula to lift the pikelet, check that the bottom side is golden, then remove from the pan.
You can store them in an airtight container in the fridge if you want to make up a batch for school lunches. This pikelet recipe is also suitable for freezing.
Our Family Menu Plan For This Week.
Meat and Veg
|Tacos||Chicken Schnitzel and Veg|
Baking: Oat and Seed Lunchbox Slice
|Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff||Roast Vegetable Lasagne||Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup||Left Overs||Home made fish and chips|
The kid friendly menu planning app allows you to:
- Create weekly menu plans quickly, choosing as many meals per day as you would like to plan for.
- Generate the shopping list for all the meals selected.
- Modify the shopping list to check off items you already have at home.
- Email the shopping list to yourself and/or others.
The most popular recipes from the blog have been included and more will be added on a weekly basis. The app will notify you when new recipes have been added, so you will be able to deliver plenty of variety in your family’s menu plans. Each recipe lists the ingredients required, easy to follow instructions and a photo from the blog.
What’s on your menu plan for this week?lunch box, sweet treats