These fritters incredibly easy to make and use cabbage which is in season in Australia at the moment. You can find a complete list of in season fruit and vegetables by month here – Seasonal Fruit And Vegetables In Australia.
They are a lovely light fritter, which meant I packed three in the lunch boxes for the kids, so this recipe only made enough for one lunch.
Cabbage and Corn Fritters
- 1/4 cabbage
- 2 tablespoons spring onions
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 310 grams can creamed corn
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- canola oil spray
1. Chop cabbage and spring onions finely.
2. Lightly beat the egs and set aside.
5. Give a large non stick frypan a light spray with cooking oil.
6. Heat on medium and add a heaped tablespoon of the sweetcorn mix to the pan.
What seasonal veggies are you cooking with at the moment?lunch box, vegetarian