This recipe for Chocolate Scones is based on the super simple scone recipe I use. They are quick to make and taste divine, especially if eaten when warm and the choc chips are still all lovely and melty like in the photo!
This recipe only makes 10 – 12 scones though, so if you are baking for a crowd, you will need to double the recipe.
- 1 ½ cups self raising flour
- 15 gms butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 150g choc chips
1. Preheat oven to a high temperature – we cook ours at just below 200 degrees Celsius, but it can vary depending on your oven.
2. Place the flour, cocoa and icing sugar into a bowl and mix. (Mine is actually a little light as I only had about 1/3 cup cocoa and had to top it up with drinking chocolate!)
5. Make a well in the middle of the mixture and pour in about three quarters of the milk.
6. Using a table knife, cut the milk through the mixture. Once mixed so the milk has been absorbed, use your hands to turn it into a dough. Add some extra milk if the dough is too dry.
9. Knead the dough until it becomes smooth.
10. Using your hands or a rolling pin, roll the dough out until it is about 1.5cm thick.
13. Brush the tops with some of the extra milk.
14. Cook until for about 10 – 15 minutes. To check if they are cooked, tap the centre scones on the top with your finger tips. If they sound hollow, then they are ready. You could split them and butter them if you wished, but we enjoyed them just straight up!
Our Family Menu Plan For This Week.
Meat and Veg
Bulk meal or double batch
Baking: Rolled Oat Slice
|Easy Roast Chicken With Stuffing||Pasties||Left |
|New Recipe||Pumpkin Soup||Bacon and Egg tarts|
The kid friendly menu planning app allows you to:
- Create weekly menu plans quickly, choosing as many meals per day as you would like to plan for.
- Generate the shopping list for all the meals selected.
- Modify the shopping list to check off items you already have at home.
- Email the shopping list to yourself and/or others.
The most popular recipes from the blog have been included and more will be added on a weekly basis. The app will notify you when new recipes have been added, so you will be able to deliver plenty of variety in your family’s menu plans. Each recipe lists the ingredients required, easy to follow instructions and a photo from the blog.
What’s your fave meal you cook in 15 minutes or less?lunch box, sweet treats