I was inspired to put together this Slow Cooker Lemon dish after seeing Nigella Lawson’s Slow-Roasted Garlic and Lemon Chicken (not a slow cooker recipe).
I just thought the flavours of chicken and lemon cooked slowly would be beautiful – and they were!
Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 kg chicken breasts (approx 4 breasts)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch spring onions
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- 4 tablespoons water
2. Crush garlic directly into slow cooker.
4. Slice the chicken breasts in half width ways and then cut into strips about 1.5cm wide.
6. Heat oil in a frying pan on a medium heat and add chicken and brown chicken.
9. Cook on a medium heat for a couple of minutes to gather all the flavours, then pour over the chicken.
11. Pop on the lid and then cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
13. Cook on high for a further 30 minutes until thickened.
We served this with brown rice which went super well with it, but you could serve it with veggies or even a salad.
Our Family Menu Plan For This Week.
Morning Cook (for us double batch)
Meat and Veg
Baking: Butter Cake
|Easy Roast Chicken With Stuffing||Pumpkin Soup||Left |
|Slow Cooker Risotto||Pan fried chicken and veg - new recipe||Homemade Pizza|
The kid friendly menu planning app allows you to:
- Create weekly menu plans quickly, choosing as many meals per day as you would like to plan for.
- Generate the shopping list for all the meals selected.
- Modify the shopping list to check off items you already have at home.
- Email the shopping list to yourself and/or others.
The most popular recipes from the blog have been included and more will be added on a weekly basis. The app will notify you when new recipes have been added, so you will be able to deliver plenty of variety in your family’s menu plans. Each recipe lists the ingredients required, easy to follow instructions and a photo from the blog.
Do you feed your kids after school snacks and if so what?chicken, slow cooker