I was inspired to make some pear muffins after getting some very sweet and juicy pears for a great price at the market. I tweaked my basic muffin recipe and came up with a nice pear muffin variation – perfect for school lunches.
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 pears
This recipe makes about 15 – 18 muffins.
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees
5. Pour the liquid ingredients into well and mix with a wooden spoon.
8. Cooking time depends on the size and oven, but 12- 15 minutes is about average for the standard patty pan size.
9. Allow to cool for a couple of minutes in the trays before cooling further on wire racks.
What seasonal fruits are you baking with at the moment? (You can see a list of seasonal fruit and veg here.)lunch box, sweet treats