This Pasta Amatriciana recipe is a very quick pasta sauce that can be made in advance. I will often make it in the morning and then simply boil the pasta later in the day and reheat the sauce.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 8 shortcut bacon rashes, cut into strips (traditional recipe would use pancetta)
- 410 grams tinned tomatoes, chopped roughly
- 1/4 teaspoon minced chilli (obviously fresh would be better, but this works well.)
- 500 grams pasta
- 45 grams Parmesan Cheese – shaved for topping on to meal just before serving.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
1. Heat oil in a pan and cook bacon for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add onion and continue cooking until onion is soft. For some reason we only had a Spanish onion on this occasion!
3. Add chilli and stir for a minute.
4. Add tomatoes, once mixture is bubbling turn down and simmer for 5 – 8 minutes. Begin cooking pasta.
5. Once pasta is cooked, place serves of pasta into bowls and spoon sauce on to pasta. Top with parmesan cheese and cracked pepper.
Do you have a fave quick pasta recipe? If so feel free to share it in the comments below, I am always after new ideas!pasta, quick meals