Greek Rice Salad was another recipe I cooked for the first time last year for our Greek inspired Christmas menu plan. This recipe was a mix of a number I found on the interent. I deliberately made it pretty simple so it would be eaten by more of the kids and adults. It made two large plates of salad.
Greek Rice Salad
Ingredients – Salad:
- 3 cups of cooked rice
- 125g feta cheese
- 1 small cucumber
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
Ingredients – Dressing:
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp grated lemon rind
- 1/2 tbsp seeded mustard
- Cook rice in your preferred way.
- Allow it to cool slightly before transferring to a large mixing bowl.
- Cut feta up into small cubes and add to the bowl.
- De-seed cucumber then chop into small pieces and add to the bowl.
- De-seed tomatoes and chop into small pieces and add to the bowl.
- Roughly chop all the herbs and add to the bowl as well.
- In a small bowl add all the dressing ingredients and whisk together.
- Pour dressing onto rice and mix gently.
- Arrange salad onto a plate or bowl and enjoy!
Our Family Menu Plan For This Week.
Baking: Tried a new healthier muffin yesterday. Will see if they pass with the kids and blog the recipe if they do!
Tuesday: Steak and Salad
Wednesday: Left Overs
Friday: Scrambled Eggs
Sunday: Slow cooker roast lamb
If you are looking for further recipe inspiration, check out my complete list of Family Friendly Recipes. All of these recipes are in the database of the Planning With Kids Free Menu Planner. You can use the menu planner to plan a week of meals for your family and then print out the associated shopping list.Tweet