Watermelon and Feta Salad is very popular at the moment! I made it for the first time for our Greek inspired Christmas menu plan. It was amazing. I was a little bit worried about how strong the onion would be, but by soaking it in lime juice it ends up with such great flavour, that it certainly does not over power.
It is also super easy and quick to prepare – go to love that! The Watermelon and Feta Salad was definitely the “surprise” salad for the older members of our families. You could tell they weren’t sure about the combination, but after one mouthful declared it worked!
Watermelon and Feta Salad
- 4 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 limes
- 1 small salad onion
- 1½ kg watermelon
- 250 grams feta cheese
- Fresh Flat-leaf parsley
- Fresh Mint
1. Juice the limes – you will need enough juice to cover the cut up onion. So if your limes are small you may need more than 2.
4. Cut the feta into small cubes and add to the watermelon.
5. Roughly chop the flat parsley. I used about a half a cup chopped in the salad, you may like to use less or more depending on your taste.
6. Roughly chop the mint. Again, I used about a half a cup chopped in the salad, you may like to use less or more depending on your taste.
7. Add the herbs to the salad, along with the onion and the juice it is sitting in.
8. Pour in olive oil and gently mix salad.
Perfect summer salad is now ready to eat!
Our Family Menu Plan For This Week.
Baking: Easy Chocolate Slice Recipe
Tuesday: Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
Wednesday: Left Overs
Thursday: Pan Fried Fish With Salad Recipe
Friday: Scrambled Eggs
Sunday: Roast Chicken and Veg
If you are looking for further recipe inspiration, check out my complete list of Family Friendly Recipes. All of these recipes are in the database of the Planning With Kids Free Menu Planner. You can use the menu planner to plan a week of meals for your family and then print out the associated shopping list.