Olive Oil Chocolate Mousse
- 90ml extra virgin olive oil – I used Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 150g good quality dark chocolate – I used Lindt Dessert Chocolate, but would use something not so dark next time, something less than 70%.
- 250ml thickened cream – I used Bulla thickened cream (35%)
1. Break chocolate into pieces into a heavy glass bowl. Make sure the bowl you use will fit over a saucepan.
3. Fill a saucepan with 5cm of water. Place bowl on top of saucepan and melt chocolate on a medium heat. As chocolate begins to melt, stir gently. I am sure there are plenty of instructions on how to do this bit and about the temperature you need the chocolate to be, but I just went on how nice and shiny the chocolate looked.
5. Then add the cream and fold into the chocolate/oil mixture.
7. Place in the fridge until ready to serve.
Have you added liqueur to your chocolate mousse before? Would love to know what else might go well.chocolate, christmas 2011, desserts, sweet treats