This Snowballs recipe is very different from the Chocolate Snowballs recipe I posted a few months ago. This is a now bake recipe and is more suitable as a lunch box treat. It is sort of a combination of chocolate balls and rice bubble slice!
Pink Snowballs Recipe
- 100g marshmallows (which is about 1 cup of the standard size)
- 2 cups Rice Bubbles
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- In a large bowl place the Rice Bubbles, desiccated coconut and sifted icing sugar.
- Place marshmallows in a microwave safe bowl and heat on high for 45 seconds and then stir. (Heat for 15 second bursts until melted if it wasn’t ready the first time.)
- Add melted marshmallow mixture to the rice bubbles and mix well. It does take a bit of mixing to make sure the coconut is blended through the mixture.
- Roll a tablespoon of the mixture into a ball.
- Drop into coconut and then press together, to make the snowball firm.
- Place Snowballs onto a tray lined with baking paper.
- Place in the fridge to set.
Makes about 30.
Family Menu Plan For The Week
Monday: Chicken Noodle Soup
Wednesday: Left Overs
Thursday: Beef Stir Fry
Friday: Pasta With Chicken And Spinach
Sunday: Roast Chicken – new recipe I will show you next week.
If you are looking for further recipe inspiration, check out my complete list of Family Friendly Recipes. All of these recipes are in the database of the Planning With Kids Free Menu Planner. You can use the menu planner to plan a week of meals for your family and then print out the associated shopping list.birthdays, celebrations, lunch box, sweet treats