I am very excited that Spring is here! Melbourne has been kind towards the end of August and given us some lovely sunshiney days – can’t wait for them to become the norm through out September.
Review of August key tasks
A pretty poor performance from me this month. The reason for it is something I am aware of – I find it really hard to say “no”. This in both my personal and work life. There are always so many wonderful things to do and opportunities to accept, but I have to get better and prioritising which ones I accept and simply limit how many I accept.
- Stick to my new four rules. Went well on three of them, but still struggling with always doing the important things first. Will keep trying to retrain myself this month.
- Taking the family out to dinner. – No .
- Visit / call our lovely Nanas. – No
- Begin promoting e version of the Planning With Kids book. Made a very small start.
Key tasks for September
I am very optimistic that I can improve on last month’s performance and with school holidays coming towards the end of the month, I am looking forward to making September a month for recharging.
- Work on saying “no”.
- Plan for a restful time during school holidays.
- Take a bush walk or two – we have a break between football and cricket for the older boys, so this is the perfect time to make the best
- Speaking events – I have a few in September which I need to prepare for. Very excited about this one in Sydney – Digital Parents Unplugged!