I based this recipe on one I found on the very lovely blog Life In The Country. I have just completed a Blog Boost on this blog and while spending time looking at the blog, I was drawn very quickly to “A Farmer’s Wife’s” recipes. As you may expect there is very much a country flavour to her recipes, you can see them all here Country Recipes. I haven’t cooked a stew in years so think I will give her a Winter Stew ago next!
NB: I made an error when typing up the Beef Goulash recipe last week and it should have said 2 cups of flour, not 4 tsps! Sorry about that.
Easy Chocolate Slice Recipe
- 1 cup sel raising flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa
- 125g butter
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup 100′s and 1000s
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- In a medium size bowl mix flour, sugar, cocoa and coconut.
- Melt butter ( I melted the butter in a microwave save dish for 45 seconds.)
- Lightly beat the egg.
- Add melted butter and egg and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Press into a lined baking tray. I didn’t have a small tray so just used a portion of a larger tray I had. It ended up being about 25cm x 20cm.
- Sprinkle with 100s and 1000s.
- Bake for about 20 – 25 minutes. The slice is a bit like biscuits – it hardens up as it cools.
- Allow the chocolate slice to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- Cut into slices and enjoy!
Our Family Menu Plan for this week.
Baking: Chocolate Slice
Monday: Slow Cooker Satay
Tuesday: Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
Wednesday: Left Overs
Friday: Tuna Rice
Saturday: Sausages and Steamed Vegetables
Sunday: Slow Cooker Roast Beef
If you are looking for further recipe inspiration, check out my complete list of Family Friendly Recipes. All of these recipes are in the database of the Planning With Kids Free Menu Planner. You can use the menu planner to plan a week of meals for your family and then print out the associated shopping list.lunch box, sweet treats