This is a lovely light chocolate cake recipe. It is super easy to make – a great cake to bake with the kids. All ingredients get thrown into the bowl and mixed! The only downside is it only makes a treat for the school lunch boxes for a couple of days only with our 5 kids.
Easy Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 125g butter, melted
- ½ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line a 20cm round cake tin with baking paper.
- In a medium sized bowl, add all ingredients.
- Use an electric mixer and mix for about 2-3 minutes or until mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Pour cake mixture into tin.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes.
- When you remove the cake from oven, let it cool in the pan for about five minutes or so.
- Turn the cake out on to a cooling rack.
- Make sure it is completely cool before you ice it. We just dusted it lightly with icing sugar.
Our Family Menu Plan For This Week.
Baking: Chocolate Cake
Monday: Slow Cooker Satay
Tuesday: Slow Cooker Tomato Soup
Wednesday: Left Overs
Friday: Tuna Rice
Saturday: Sausages and Steamed Vegetables
Sunday: Slow Cooker Roast Beef
If you are looking for further recipe inspiration, check out my complete list of Family Friendly Recipes. All of these recipes are in the database of the Planning With Kids Free Menu Planner. You can use the menu planner to plan a week of meals for your family and then print out the associated shopping list.chocolate, lunch box, sweet treats