Spurred on by my success with the Butterscotch Self Saucing Pudding, I decided to have a go at making a chocolate one. Majority of the kids preferred the chocolate pudding, but the adults of the house preferred the Butterscotch one!
Easy Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 tspn salt
- 80 grams of melted butter, cooled
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 1/4 cups boiling water
- As you need to have the melted butter cooled slightly, melt the butter and let it cool as your very first action.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- Sift flour, salt, sugar and cocoa in a medium sized bowl and mix together.
- In a small jug mix butter, egg and milk. Then mix this into dry ingredients (I used electric beater for a minute or two).
- Pour into a lightly greased oven proof dish.
- Mix the sugar and cocoa, then sprinkle on top of pudding batter.
- Pour boiling water over all the ingredients. A tip from a very clever friend is to actually pour the water over a large metal serving spoon. This helps the water spread more gently on to the pudding batter.
- Place in oven and bake for 30 – 35 minutes.
- To check if cooked, make sure the center is puffed and pudding feels firm when pressed lightly.
- Spoon cake and sauce into bowls and serve hot. This pudding would do well served with cream and strawberries.
The Family Menu Plan For This Week
Baking: White Choc Chip Muffins
Monday: Chicken Noodle Soup
Wednesday: Left Overs
Thursday: Beef Stir Fry
Friday: Fried Rice
Saturday: Chicken Wings, Potatoes and Steamed Corn
Sunday: Roast Beef
If you are looking for further recipe inspiration, check out my complete list of Family Friendly Recipes. All of these recipes are in the database of the Planning With Kids Free Menu Planner. You can use the menu planner to plan a week of meals for your family and then print out the associated shopping list.chocolate, desserts, sweet treats