I was meant to make Beef Stroganoff last week, but didn’t quite feel like it, so decided to use the ingredients to make a slow cooker curry instead. This was my first attempt to cook a curry in the slow cooker. I pinched ideas from a number of recipes and was pretty happy with the way it turned out. Next time I would omit the chilli as the little kids said it was a little too spicy for them.
Beef Curry Slow Cooker Recipe
- 500 grams diced blade (beef)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 3/4 cup coconut cream
- 400 grams baby potatoes halved
- 200gms Greek Style Natural Yoghurt
Spice Paste Ingredients:
- 1 teaspoon coriander ground
- 1 teaspoon cumin ground
- 1/2 teaspoon tumeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom ground
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 small red chilli
To make Curry Paste:
- Add all ingredients in a bowl and process for about a minute with a blender.
- This step is optional. I have this thing against raw potatoes so, I cook them slightly first in the microwave, so they will be lovely and soft. Place halved potatoes into a microwave safe dish with lid and cook on high for approx 6 minutes or until they have soften slightly and set aside
- Toss the meat in flour. If the meat is in a plastic bag, I just add the flour to the bag and shake with some vigour.
- Heat oil in frying pan and brown the meat.
- Once browned, transfer meat to the slow cooker, add paste and all other ingredients. Stir gently until combined.
- Place lid on and cook on Auto/Low for 8-10 hours or High for 4-5 hours.
- About 30 minutes before serving, add yoghurt and stir through.
- Serve with rice
The Family Menu Plan For This Week
Baking: 100s of Biscuits
Monday: Beef Stroganoff (Will really cook it this week!)
Tuesday: Spaghetti Bolognaise
Wednesday: Left Overs.
Thursday: Sausage and Vegetables
Friday: Tuna Rice
Sunday: Chicken Lasagne
If you are looking for further recipe inspiration, check out my complete list of Family Friendly Recipes. All of these recipes are in the database of the Planning With Kids Free Menu Planner. You can use the menu planner to plan a week of meals for your family and then print out the associated shopping list.beef, slow cooker, winter