This is a super quick Christmas treat that the kids can make by themselves. It takes about 5 minutes to put together and then sets in the freezer for 10 minutes (a few minutes extra if you add the ribbon).
- 16 marshmallows
- 50 grams good quality white chocolate
- 15cms Christmas Ribbon
- Break chocolate up into a small microwaveable bowl.
- Heat on high for 45 seconds, then stir.
- Heat on high for further 15 second intervals until completely melted.
- Line a small tray with baking paper.
- Dip a marshmallow into the chocolate, so it is covered with about 3mm chocolate on the base.
- Place marshmallow onto the baking paper and begin making row of 5 marshmallows. Gently press marshmallows together as you build the tree.
- Continue this process, making rows of 4, 3, 2 and 1.
- Add the final marshmallow to the base of the tree. Keep excess chocolate.
- Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Take marshmallow Christmas tree out of the freezer and peel off baking paper. Gently spoon a teaspoon of melted chocolate onto the back of the top marshmallow.
- With the end of the ribbon, make a loop and place the ends of the ribbon into the chocolate.
- Place the tree gently back on to the baking paper and place in the freezer for a few more minutes until the chocolate has set.
- Place the marshmallow tree into a cellophane bag and tape up. If you live in warmer climates, I recommend storing it in the fridge.