Marshmallow Tree

This is a super quick Christmas treat that the kids can make by themselves. It takes about 5 minutes to put together and then sets in the freezer for 10 minutes (a few minutes extra if you add the ribbon).

Marshmallow Tree

Ingredients:

• 16 marshmallows
  • 50 grams good quality white chocolate
  • 15cms Christmas Ribbon

Marshmallow Tree

Method:

1. Break chocolate up into a small microwaveable bowl.
  2. Heat on high for 45 seconds, then stir.
  3. Heat on high for further 15 second intervals until completely melted.
  4. Line a small tray with baking paper.
  5. Dip a marshmallow into the chocolate, so it is covered with about 3mm chocolate on the base.
  6. Place marshmallow onto the baking paper and begin making row of 5 marshmallows. Gently press marshmallows together as you build the tree.
  7. Continue this process, making rows of 4, 3, 2 and 1.
  8. Add the final marshmallow to the base of the tree. Keep excess chocolate.
  9. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
  10. Take marshmallow Christmas tree out of the freezer and peel off baking paper. Gently spoon a teaspoon of melted chocolate onto the back of the top marshmallow.
  11. With the end of the ribbon, make a loop and place the ends of the ribbon into the chocolate.
  12. Place the tree gently back on to the baking paper and place in the freezer for a few more minutes until the chocolate has set.
  13. Place the marshmallow tree into a cellophane bag and tape up. If you live in warmer climates, I recommend storing it in the fridge.

Marshmallow Christmas Tree

Author::
Recipe type: celebrations
Ingredients:
  • 16 marshmallows
  • 50 grams good quality white chocolate
  • 15cms Christmas Ribbon
Method:
  1. Break chocolate up into a small microwaveable bowl.
  2. Heat on high for 45 seconds, then stir.
  3. Heat on high for further 15 second intervals until completely melted.
  4. Line a small tray with baking paper.
  7. Continue this process, making rows of 4, 3, 2 and 1.
  8. Add the final marshmallow to the base of the tree. Keep excess chocolate.
  9. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.

Tags: , ,

• Amy@Let's Explore December 19, 2009 at 4:47 pm

How cute and clever! Love it! :)
    .-= Amy@Let’s Explore´s last blog ..Kid-Made Place Card Holders =-.

• Fern December 19, 2009 at 5:05 pm

I am constantly amazed at your creativity PQ!!
    .-= Fern´s last blog ..LogCabin Quilt In A Week – Day One: Cutting =-.

• lunaticg December 19, 2009 at 5:18 pm

Hi friend.
    That marshmallow tree look delicious.
    I am just afraid, I will be the one who eating it before christmas.
    Thank you for sharing your tips.
    See you around.
    .-= lunaticg´s last blog ..Coin Picture Grading for Newbies =-.

• Green Mama December 20, 2009 at 9:53 am

Nicole these are gorgeous, thanks for sharing.
    .-= Green Mama´s last blog ..Christmas fun for a mother… =-.

• Bushbelles December 20, 2009 at 10:11 am

So cure, great idea, will do it.

• planningqueen December 20, 2009 at 1:00 pm

Thanks for the kind words! I wish you all a very Merry Christmas.

• Rona December 22, 2009 at 1:40 am

I love your Christmas Tree treats. How original. And it must have been lots of fun to make them with your children.
    You have a delicious menu planned!
    I’m so glad that my husband isn’t working on Christmas Eve and Christmas. He really needs the days off. This is the best family Christmas gift!
    Here’s wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas!

ps Please stop by my blog and leave a comment to “Do you still read the newspaper?”
    .-= Rona´s last blog ..Question: Do You Still Read Your Local Newspaper? =-.

• [...] the kids and I will make some more Marshmallow Christmas Trees as the last task of our Christmas Preparation Plan. The last week has seen me finally complete some [...]

• nell December 24, 2009 at 11:10 am

I just made these and they are the easiest and yummiest things to make. Thanks for the idea!
    .-= nell´s last blog ..Merry Christmas!! =-.

• michelle December 31, 2009 at 12:09 pm

Hey, I really like this one – I’ll be filing if next year and giving it a go.
    Thanks for the great idea :)
    .-= michelle´s last blog ..My Church my life =-.

• Marshmallow Bunnies - Easter Treat April 03, 2010 at 9:27 am

[...] back in December, I saw a post at Planning With Kids showing how to make cute Christmas trees with mini marshmallows and white chocolate. We never got [...]

• [...] marshmallow shapes [...]

• [...] in an airtight container, in a cool place until ready to eat.Other Christmas Recipes For Kids Marshmallow Christmas Tree Chocolate Christmas Tree Reindeer BiscuitsWhat are your favourite Christmas Recipes For [...]