If you are trying to get organised for Christmas, check out my 10 Week Christmas Plan. Only 2 weeks left until Christmas!
Back in July, I embarked on a Christmas Planning In July session, aimed to take the pressure of this end of the year. It was at this time that I bookmarked a post by Christie at Pigeon Pair on her love of chocolate and turning it into a gift. This week’s Christmas Planning Task was to complete Christmas cooking which will be gifts.
There are many people that I would like to give something to at this time of year, as a way to express my thanks for their assistance or efforts over the year. I loved the look of the chocolate sauce from Pigeon Pair, so I gave it a go myself, also using the recipe from Stephanie Alexander’s The Cook’s Companion and made these delightful little food gifts for Christmas presents.
You may also note that they fit into my Christmas Theme this year of red, silver and green. Props to Melissa from the Preserves Team at my children’s school, for inspiration on how to decorate the jar!
How To Make Chocolate Sauce
This is my modified version of Stephanie Alexander’s recipe.
- 250 grams premium quality chocolate
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Grate chocolate into a medium sized saucepan.
- Add remaining ingredients and then heat slowly.
- Stir constantly until smooth. (At this point I worried that the sauce would be too thin, but it does thicken as it cools.)
- This will make approx 600mls of chocolate sauce. Add sauce to your favourite dessert – ice cream, cake or fruit!
My next post is going to be a fun Christmas treat that the kids can help you whip up!celebrations, christmas, christmas presents, sweet treats