I wish that I could say that I make my own gnocchi from scratch, but at this point in my life, I simply just don’t have the time. Thankfully though it is easy enough to pick up store bought gnocchi for a reasonable price these days. My kids love gnocchi and this recipe is super quick and easy to make, and it is very tasty to boot!
Baked Tomato and Basil Gnocchi
- 750 grams Gnocchi
- 500 mls Pasta Sauce
- 1 Onion
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 300 mls Cream
- 2 tbsps Olive Oil
- 3 tbsps Basil Fresh
- 90 grams Tomato Sun Dried
- Approx 100 grams Parmesan Cheese Grated
- Boil water for pasta.
- Finely chop onion and basil.
- Chop sun dried tomatoes.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan (I use an electric frying pan.)
- Add onion and garlic and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Add sun dried tomatoes.
- Add pasta sauce to frying pan and turn down heat slightly. Allow to simmer for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add cream to frying pan and mix well. Turn up heat slightly allow to bubble then reduce heat and allow to thicken.
- Add basil.
- Place gnocchi into boiling water and cook as per instructions.
- Turn on grill and heat on high.
- Drain gnocchi.
- Add gnocchi to the frying pan and combine well.
- Pour contents of pan into a lasagna style dish and even out as required.
- Top with grated parmesan and place under the grill until cheese has melted as is a golden brown colour.
- Serve with some warm garlic bread!
Family Menu Plan For The Week
This is what our family is having this week:
Baking: 100s of Biscuits
Tuesday: Morrocon Minted Beef
Wednesday: Left Overs
Thursday: Tuna Rice
Friday: Pasta With Chicken and Spinach
Saturday: Grand Final Day BBQ
Sunday: Roast Chicken and Vegetables