This was by far the kids favourite meal from last week. This is a very basic family style meat pie. You could add more herbs and veggies if you wanted to spice it up a little. I serve the pie with mashed potato and pumpkin on the side.
Meat Pie Recipe
- 3 large Carrots
- 1 tsp Garlic Minced
- 3 tbsps Tomato Paste
- 1 large Onion
- 2 sheets Pastry Short Crust
- 2 sheets Pastry Puff
- 250 mls Stock Beef
- 2 tbsps lour Corn
- 750 grams Beef Mince
I make this pie in a large lasagne dish, so it makes one long rectangular pie.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Finely chop onion.
- Finely grate carrot.
- Make a paste from corn flour and some water.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan.
- Add onion and garlic and cook for a couple of minutes until onion soft.
- Add mince and break it up as it cooks.
- Once mince is browned, add tomato paste. Mix in well.
- Add corn flour paste to beef stock, mix, then add to mince mixture.
- Allow the mixture to simmer and thicken.
- While this is happening spray the lasagne dish with some olive oil and then line with short crust pastry.
- Fill the pastry with the meat mixture and then add the puff pastry to make the lid of the pie. Make a couple of tiny slits in the top of the pie with a knife.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
Family Menu Plan For The Week
Baking: White Chocolate Chip Muffins
Monday: Pumpkin Soup
Tuesday: Tomato and Basil Gnocchi
Wednesday: Zucchini Slice
Thursday: Porcupine Meatballs
Friday: Left Overs
If you like the look of this family menu plan, then you might like to use The Planning With Kids Free Menu Planner. With the menu planner you can select your meals for the week and print our your own shopping list.